Friday, March 24, 2006

In the Darkness of the Night

Took a lighter out.
Lit a fag.
Stared at it for a long, long time.
Took a drag.

Seduction perhaps,
But really more a duel,
She had eyes like gems,
Any takers were met cruel.

They call it a game,
But you don’t leave unharmed,
Unscathed, unbruised,
Unmercifully charmed.

She’s a witch, not a bitch,
Though it’s all the same thing:
You want her but won’t get her,
When she wants you she’s your king.

So he took one last drag,
Threw the poison while with guile,
He prepared his darling weapon:
And met her with his smile.

For that she was prepared,
Although she must admit:
“At least he’s not a cocky,
I’ll let him live just a little bit.”

He approached her at the bar,
And she laughed as he came,
“So hasty, unromantic,
If only he knew my name.”

But her he didn’t talk to,
Rather he poured a drink,
Took a sip and just stood there,
Having a little think.

She left, but returned,
Once again they remained,
He looking out the window,
Her while the moon waned.

“Show courage; speak to me,
I promise I won’t bite.”

“It’s not that you scare me,
There’s a moment when it’s right.”

“If you wait
I may leave.
I can’t forever stay.”

“And my heart,
You would thieve,
But I shan’t stand
In your way.”

“You’re a poet, Oh I see.
You’ll regret you challenged might.
If you’re really up to it,
You may live through the night.”

And right at that moment
She finished her glass,
Picked up her bag,
And marched off to dance.

The music was strong,
Like his hand on her hip,
And she first unveiled her eyes,
They hooked him with a grip.

For hours they moved,
His angles, her curves,
Music their religion,
Dancing their words.

His lips by her ear,
His hands in her hair,
The pleasure of his desire,
Gushed feelings she couldn’t bear.

From two they formed one,
And they touched without fear,
Though her eyes were shut tight,
She had never seen so clear.



They call it seduction,
But really it’s a fight,
A tigress roared and purred,
In the darkness of the night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well isn't if funny,
How a poet can show the truth lyrically,
I respect what you did, perspective poetry,
Rose of love from a seed of lust, a romantic I see

Aren't they, and always be,
The most beautiful thing a man will ever see.
Queens of the Kingdom of our hearts to be,
Reminds of Allah's artistic powers mighty.

I ment this to be anonymous,
But not forever will I stay mysterious.
You don't have to look far for me,
I already know you identically,
O time here may allow new elites.

P.S.
Write back

17:24  
Blogger Ze Boss said...

I do not know who this is. There are many people this could be.

01:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home